This seems to be the latest 'floating city
This baby holds 6,318 guests & boasts 2,384 crew. Unbelievable!
We all think of the Titanic as a BIG ocean liner; see the comparison.
Titanic in foreground.
The Allure of the Seas in background.
The World's Largest Cruise Ship...
The Allure of the Seas is the largest passenger ship ever constructed and the
statistics are simply mind-boggling:
* 225,282 GRT (gross register tonnage)
* 1,187 feet (362 meters) long
* 215 feet (66 meters) wide
* 213 feet (65 meters) high from the water line
* 30 feet (9.1 meters) draft
* 22 knots cruising speed
* 16 passenger decks, 24 passenger elevators
* 4 bow thrusters with 7,500 horse power each
* 5,400 guests (double occupancy), 6,318 guests total, 2,384 crew (from appx. 80 countries)
* 2,706 staterooms
‘Twice-a-Day’ - Fresh Bread Rolls
Cooking 3 x a day for 6,318 guests and 2,384 crew
Soup room – 3 choices daily
Creating éclairs by the hundreds
Kitchen staff in one of the 18 Kitchens
THE (ABSENT) CAPTAIN'S DECK
The War Room is for emergency situations only
THE LAUNDRY ROOM: Industrial dryer for sheets and beddings
Machines for ‘flattening’ sheets and beddings
General Laundry & Dry-Cleaning area
THE ENGINE ROOM